Chinese Outbound Investment into Los Angeles Real Estate 2013 - The Facts.
- Chinese Investments in U.S Doubles to $14 Billion in 2013 (Business Week).
- Chinese FDI into U.S real estate has increased to almost $2 Billion in 2013 and expected to continue growing (RHG, 2014).
- Commercial real estate became a hot sector in 2013 with 18 investments worth $1.8 Billion. These included projects in San Francisco (LUMINA), Los Angeles (Sheraton Gateway) and New York (GM Building and Chase Manhattan Plaza).
- Approximately 53% of reported purchases by Chinese buyers were in California.
- “The Future of Los Angeles and China are inextricably tied together” (LAEDC, 2014).